Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Closing Shop


Keep reaching for the plug, you'll pull it eventually.

I'm closing down this blog. It's nothing more complicated or dramatic than wanting to do other things with the time I put into this. Looking at the back nine of the 2021 Major League Soccer season didn't help. Holy fucking fixture congestion. All that content looks like a one-on-one against Joey Chesnutt.

It's been fun. This blog will always hold a special place in my heart for keeping me sane through (the first part of) the pandemic. Maybe I'll revive it during the next global catastrophe. Hear we're about to have a couple..
.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the free content, reviews and thoughts. I thoroughly enjoyed the reading. Heres hoping the Timbers, and for your sake Cincinnati, have a strong finish with some fun games! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Idaho Timber said goes for me as well. Thanks very much!
    I will really miss your wide-ranging analogies and unfiltered opinions. The other available Timbers blogs are very anodyne by comparison. (Please continue with your Twitter postings!) I selfishly hope that you get past this burn-out moment and give us your long-form thoughts again, some time in the near future. Keeping you bookmarked with that hope! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for reading! Getting feedback and bouncing ideas off people was over 50% of the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So long, and thanks for all the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is uncomfortably close to what I felt in the old days when other drunks quit drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya. Not a game day goes by where I don't go to bed feeling like I forgot to feed the cat or something...

    ReplyDelete