Monday, October 8, 2018

MLS 2018 Week 32 Form Guide ULTRA: Yes, It All Makes Sense


Hallelujah, someone wrote a story from one of my throw-away phrases.

Hail to the God of Viking Viktories! I’ve landed one of these white whales before I turned into an accidental pumpkin! To keep on schedule, we are moving at a fast clip, people. In re structure: I stuck with talking about each game from the relevant week - Week 32, in this case - before turning it over to the Infoboxes (e.g, simple but useful tables) and notes on where every team in Major League Soccer stands after the relevant week - Week 32, in this case, but I repeat myself.

And, before getting to the results, the very simple key goes like this: “IN” teams are the ones either in or reasonably projected to the playoffs, “OUT” is the opposite (bad teams and/or people), while “Marginal” are the teams that float in and out.

As for MLS Week 32, in particular, take away the Vancouver Whitecaps smuggling three points out from Toronto FC’s broken bank, and you’ve got an extraordinarily predictable week. The statements ran from big (Montreal over Columbus), predictable (Dallas over Orlando) to inconsequential (LAFC over Colorado) from there. I’ll expand on all of that immediately below, before closing with my neurosis-laden stab at what it all means. Allons-y.

Montreal Impact 3-0 Columbus Crew SC
I actually sat through 60-ish minutes of this game, but only realized after watching the highlights that it effectively died when Alejandro Silva scored L’Impact’s second goal (the usual suspect delivered as well). Montreal needed it: with DC United beating the Chicago Fire, there does seem to be truth in the argument that Montreal has to win out to survive their bum-rush. Long odds on that, but mission accomplished this week anyway. As for Columbus, they need someone to get started; Justin Meram talked up how ready he was in one of those fawning profiles, but he was subbed off at 70…and with Mike Grella and Patrick Mullins to replace him.

Atlanta United FC 2-1 New England Revolution
On Atlanta’s second goal, you have to look at all the ways that defense could be pulled apart, and despair. New England’s only goal came too late to matter (but it is a subtle thing), which, if you translate that to “the wrong time” gives a rough explanation of the Revs’ season so far. A meaningless game, all things considered, and I expect some carnage from the New England locker room between this season and next, but at least they stopped Josef Martinez from scoring. The big event from this game was Miguel Almiron limpingoff injured. That has more big-shit potential than most injuries.

Toronto FC 1-2 Vancouver Whitecaps FC
First, that was a great opening goal for Vancouver, with Russell Teibert finishing a class move down the left. The crime stats piled up for Toronto, between Auro’s mind-blowing miss and Gregory “Wonder-Wheel” van der Wiel getting sent off at 67 for TFC. Nick Hagglund may or may not have put Toronto’s season in a nutshell with his blatant misreading of where Kei Kamara would find the ball for his tap-in. This was just another loss for Toronto, but…what is this for Vancouver?

Philadelphia Union 5-1 Minnesota United FC
Call it a game of highs and lows, as measured by distance the third goal/first humiliation Minnesota allowed (Fafa Picoult is standing) and the act of individual genius that was Ilsinho’s solo strike for the Union. Philadelphia answered the question of whether they could bounce back from…drawing away to Columbus, I guess? Philly is 7-1-2 in its last 10 games and not just winning, but burying a game they should win approaches “shots fired” territory.

FC Dallas 2-0 Orlando City SC
Watching Santiago Mosquera score reminds you of Dallas’ potential scoring power, but if it takes Orlando to draw out a team’s scoring touch…you can’t play Orlando every week, obviously, that’s not how anything works. Their second goal feels more like their regular (leaning header by Victor Ulloa, aka, random stand-in rather than a standing solution), but there’s not a lot of digging required here: Dallas had to win this game, and they did. (But do check the box score.)

Sporting Kansas City 1-1 Los Angeles Galaxy
Zlatan is always fun, and the PK was legit in any arena (why is there no replay in the highlights?). Tim Melia’s save on Ashley Cole was epic, and the Daniel Steres offside call happened because the ball bounced off another LA player, yes? Details like that make this read like a narrow escape for Sporting, and these are the things I watch for: bloated reputations and teams bubbling to life like fart-bubbles in a tub. Johnny Russell clapped back at all signs of unfairness with any easy GOTW candidate. Moreover, I’ve been watching SKC’s numbers - 34 shots, nine on goal, and a rout on all other sides of that this week - and that’s a trend for them: more numbers than results. This feels like The Double Post only four games long.

Colorado Rapids 0-3 Los Angeles FC
Everything about LAFC’s second goal gets at the gamble they’re taking by playing a player like Lee Nguyen at d-mid (what's behind him besides a lot?), as well as what makes Colorado so fucking disastrous. The next one was just as easy, and that’s a depressing measure of both team’s level: LAFC can only beat terrible teams, and Colorado is a terrible team. Varsity versus JV should never happen in adult life.

Portland Timbers 4-1 Real Salt Lake
If I haven’t already told you how “holy shit” I found this game, here you go. This win put Portland’s chances of rolling into the playoffs as high as they’ve been since The Streak. The question is what happens when they get there, because not all teams will be like RSL.

San Jose Earthquakes 1-3 New York Red Bulls
I know two things about this game: 1) that it looked every inch like the blood-bath I expected it to be, and 2) I totally want Chris Wondolowski to take the all-time scoring crown. That would be the triumph for MLS 1.0 for as long as it stands. And maybe even longer. The game looks like the anticipated slaughter played out as planned; the gap between royalty and the proles. Though there are signs of life, or at least curiosity about it, in San Jose.

DC United 2-1 Chicago Fire
Aleksandar Katai is really good and, based on everything I’ve seen, Chicago should try to keep him. He set up Chicago’s first, and has looked like the best thing from a bad year over the last couple games, at least. For DC, meanwhile, Wayne Rooney has been king, scoring, combining, looking excited, etc. All the same, this was nothing more than a must-win for DC and they did.

OK, those are the games from MLS Week 32. On to the InfoBoxes!

IN
ATLANTA, 20-6-6, 66 points, 67 gf, 39 ga, (10-2-4 home, 10-4-2 away)
7-2-1; 21 gf, 15 ga, 3-0-1 at home; 4-2-0 away
Record v. IN: WWL
Record v. OUT: DWLWWW
Record v. Marginal: W
LAST 10/STATUS: Killing it every week, pretty much, but now there’s a heart-broken Miguel Almiron stepping out of the game, maybe even the rest of 2018. Fortunately, they have some time to adjust - Atlanta could beat Chicago with both hands tied behind its back, along with one leg - and it sounds like they have an alleged solution in Ezequiel Barco. Six points over their next two games doesn’t look as certain as it did pre-Almiron, but they’re competitive until further notice..
Games left: v CHI, @ TFC
W
D
W
W
L
W
W
W
L
W
@ MTL
v TFC
v CLB
@ ORL
@ DC
@ COL
@ SJ
v RSL
@ RB
v NE
2-1
2-2
3-1
2-1
1-3
3-0
4-3
2-0
0-2
2-1
M
O
I
O
O
O
O
I
I
O

RBNY, 20-7-5, 65 points, 60 gf, 33 ga (13-2-1 home, 7-5-4 away)
7-1-2, 14 gf, 9 ga, 5-0-0 at home, 2-1-2 away
Record v. IN: WDW
Record v. OUT: WWWWW
Record v. Marginal: LD
LAST 10/STATUS: I’m still waiting to see this team phone in a weekend. Whenever they stumble, they get things right two steps later. Their contender status just inched up.
Games left: @ PHI, v ORL
W
W
D
W
W
L
D
W
W
W
v LAF
@ CHI
@ VAN
v DC
v HOU
@ MTL
@ DC
v TFC
v ATL
@ SJ
2-1
1-0
2-2
1-0
1-0
0-3
3-3
2-0
2-0
1-3
I
O
I
O
O
M
M
O
I
O

PHILADELPHIA, 15-12-5, 50 points, 48 gf, 46 ga (9-5-2 home, 6-7-3 away)
7-1-2, 14 gf, 8 ga, 4-1-0 at home, 3-0-2 away
Record v. IN: WWWD
Record v. OUT: WWDW
Record v. Marginal: WL
LAST 10/STATUS: The way their reputation precedes/dogs them keeps the Union off the radar. If they get results out of their next two - or, god forbid, two wins - I would start to take Philly very seriously. More than anything else, it feels like they’ve solved their problems.
Games left: v NY, @ NYC
W
W
W
W
D
L
W
W
D
W
@ NE
v NYC
v NE
@ DC
@ ORL
v MTL
@ SEA
v SKC
@ CLB
v MIN
3-2
2-0
1-0
2-0
2-2
1-4
1-0
2-0
0-0
5-1
M
I
O
O
O
M
I
I
I
O

SKC, 15-8-8, 53 points, 56 gf, 38 ga (9-2-5 home, 6-6-3 away)
6-2-2, 16 gf, 87 ga, 3-0-1 at home, 3-2-1 away
Record v. IN: WWLLD
Record v. OUT: WWWW
Record v. Marginal: D
LAST 10/STATUS: The numbers aren’t evaporating, but the results are drying up. If I had to guess the number of points SKC would get through the end of the season, I’m expecting five. That’s not a good thing.
Games left: @ VAN, @ FCD, v LAF
W
W
W
W
L
W
W
L
D
D
@ HOU
@ LAF
v POR
v MIN
@ SEA
v ORL
@ SJ
@ PHI
v RSL
v LA
1-0
2-0
3-0
2-0
1-3
1-0
5-1
0-2
1-1
1-1
O
I
I
O
I
O
O
I
I
M

SEATTLE, 14-11-5, 47 points, 41 gf, 32 ga (8-5-2 home; 6-6-3 away)
8-2-0, 22 gf, 9 ga, 5-1-0 at home, 3-1-0 away
Record v. IN: WWWWWWL
Record v. OUT: WW
Record v. Marginal: L
LAST 10/STATUS: Sure, sure, the margin is eye-catching, but this wasn’t the Sounders getting “back on track,” but the Sounders “shoving a toddler into a ditch and laughing.” Still, they won when they had to, and their guys (e.g,. Lodeiro and Ruidiaz) keep showing up. And to share a sobering thought: Seattle has a very real chance of getting 12 points from that end-run.
Games left: v HOU, @ ORL, @ HOU, v SJ
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
L
L
W
v NYC
@ MIN
v FCD
v LA
@ POR
v SKC
@ VAN
v PHI
@ LA
v COL
3-1
2-1
2-1
5-0
1-0
3-1
2-1
0-1
0-3
4-0
I
O
I
I
I
I
I
I
M
O

DALLAS, 16-6-9, 54 points, 51 gf, 38 ga (10-1-5 home, 6-5-4 away)
4-3-3, 16 gf, 13 ga, 4-1-1 at home, 0-2-2 away
Record v. IN: DWD
Record v. OUT: LLWDLWW
LAST 10/STATUS: Good, but unexciting in a surprisingly consistent way. They might grind their way to glory…they MIGHT. I think their next two games will give a pretty good sense of where they are.
Games left: @ DC, v SKC, @ COL
L
L
W
D
L
W
D
W
D
W
v SJ
@ SEA
v MIN
@ HOU
@ SJ
v HOU
v CLB
@ VAN
@ POR
v ORL
1-3
1-2
2-0
1-1
3-4
4-2
0-0
2-1
0-0
2-0
O
O
O
O
O
O
I
I
I
O

COLUMBUS, 13-10-9, 48 points, 39 gf, 41 ga (10-2-4 home, 3-8-5 away)
4-3-3, 12 gf, 14 ga, 3-0-1 at home, 1-3-2 away
Record v. IN: WLWDLD
Record v. OUT: WDW
Record v. Marginal: L
LAST 10/STATUS: This week’s loss to Montreal followed a subtle logic of the Crew’s zombie season: they exist somewhere between barely beating Colorado and drawing Philly at home, and that’s the kind of team that can die away to Montreal.
Games left: @ ORL, v MIN
W
W
L
D
W
D
L
W
D
L
@ RB
v HOU
@ ATL
@ CHI
v NYC
@ FCD
@ POR
v COL
v PHI
@ MTL
3-2
1-0
1-3
1-1
2-1
0-0
2-3
2-1
0-0
0-3
I
O
I
O
I
I
I
O
I
M

LAFC, 15-8-8, 53 points, 61 gf, 46 ga (8-1-6 home, 7-7-2 away)
5-3-2, 16 gf, 11 ga, 3-1-1 at home, 2-2-1 away
Record v. IN: LLWD
Record v. OUT: WWWLW
Record v. Marginal: D
LAST 10/STATUS: Beating the worst team in the league is the accomplishment equivalent of successfully tying your shoe in high school - and that’s true even on the road. Credit to LAFC for doing it, though, and making it look easy. I think they’ve got a decent shot at a little momentum over their next two games. I don’t know what a little wind in the sails will do for this team, but it beats a kick in the head, yeah?
Games left: v HOU, v VAN, @ SKC
L
L
W
W
D
W
D
W
L
W
@ RB
v SKC
v RSL
v COL
@ LA
@ TFC
v NE
v SJ
@ CHI
@ COL
1-2
0-2
2-0
2-0
1-1
4-2
1-1
2-0
1-3
3-0
I
I
I
O
I
O
M
O
O
O

PORTLAND, 14-9-9, 51 points, 50 gf, 46 ga (10-2-4 home, 4-7-5 away)
4-4-2, 15 gf, 11 ga, 3-1-1 at home, 1-3-1 away
Record v. IN: LLWDW
Record v. OUT: WDWLL
LAST 10/STATUS: The team is back to result-earning ways generally, thank gods, and an away win against anyone means the world; this was a great recovery from the draw against Dallas, and it gives me a little faith that Portland could hit the playoffs swinging up.
Games left: v RSL, @ VAN
L
L
W
D
W
L
W
L
D
W
@SKC
v SEA
v TFC
@ NE
v COL
@ HOU
v CLB
@ MIN
v FCD
@ RSL
0-3
0-1
2-0
1-1
2-0
1-4
3-2
2-3
0-0
4-1
I
I
O
O
O
O
I
O
I
I

RSL, 13-12-7, 46 points, 51 gf, 54 fa (10-2-4 home, 3-10-3 away)
4-3-3, 20 gf, 15 ga, 2-0-2 at home, 2-2-2 away
Record v. IN: LWLDL
Record v. OUT: WWWD
Record v. Marginal: D
LAST 10/STATUS: The loss to Portland should rattle them, especially in the context of their prior three games. I get scoring one point over two road games against the league’s better teams (Atlanta and SKC), but to pick up as many (or few) over two home games, and against two arguably vulnerable teams? RSL could easily find itself at 8th in the West - especially if they don’t roll New England. That’ll be the rescue flare to the rest of the league.
Games left: v NE, @ POR
W
D
L
W
W
W
D
L
D
L
v CHI
v MTL
@ LAF
@ HOU
@ COL
v LA
v MIN
@ ATL
@ SKC
v POR
2-1
1-1
0-2
2-1
6-0
6-2
1-1
0-2
1-1
1-4
O
M
I
O
O
I
O
I
I
I

NYCFC, 15-9-8, 53 points, 55 gf, 41 ga (11-1-4 home; 4-8-4 away)
3-4-3, 13 gf, 14 ga, 1-1-2 at home, 2-3-1 away
Record v. IN: DL
Record v. OUT: WLWLWL
Record v. Marginal: DD
LAST 10/STATUS: The playoff-bound pussycats of 2018. Unless they pick up six points in their last two games, you can safely ignore this team in the post-season. They have earned a grand total of 3 points of 12 from against any team that’s worth a damn (e.g., IN or Marginal), and they can only break even with their alleged “lessers.” This team crossed over into “soft” a while ago (again, HOW is Patrick Vieira leaving not a bigger story?).
Games left: @ DC, v PHI
W
L
D
W
L
L
D
D
W
L
@ ORL
@ SEA
v VAN
@ TFC
@ PHI
v NE
v DC
@ MTL
v CHI
@ MIN
2-0
1-3
2-2
3-2
0-2
0-1
1-1
1-1
2-0
1-2
O
O
I
O
I
O
M
M
O
O

MARGINAL
DC UNITED, 11-11-8, 41 points, 55 gf , 49 ga (10-2-2 home, 1-9-6 away)
6-2-2, 22 gf, 11 ga; 6-1-1 at home, 0-1-1 away
Record v. IN: WLLWDD
Record v. OUT: WW
Record v. Marginal: WW
LAST 10/STATUS: Undefeated in six games and they’ve played some of MLS’s best over that time (see (counting from left), games 5, 6, and 8; 9 isn’t bad either, while 10 is something that just has to happen, if for simple dignity. If they can pick up a win over Dallas, I’d assume they’re safe. I’d put them down for seven points over their last three games.
Games left: v FCD, v TFC, v NYC, @ CHI
W
W
L
L
W
D
W
D
W
W
v POR
v NE
@ RB
v PHI
v ATL
@ NYC
v MIN
v RB
v MTL
v CHI
4-1
2-0
0-1
0-2
3-1
1-1
2-1
3-3
5-0
2-0
I
M
I
I
I
I
O
I
M
O

MONTREAL, 13-15-4, 43 points, 45 gf, 52 ga (10-4-2 home, 3-11-2 away)
4-3-3, 17 gf, 17 ga, 3-1-2 at home, 1-2-1 away
Record v. IN: LDWWDW
Record v. OUT: DWL
Record v. “Marginal”: L
LAST 10/STATUS: Their margin sucks at this point - that loss to DC has a supernatural chance of coming back to haunt them - and the blow-out over Columbus is them doing, literally, all they can do. Six points gets them to 49, and eight points doesn’t feel remotely out of the question for DC. If they actually lose a game, it’s gotta be over, right?
Games left: v TFC, @ NE
L
D
D
W
L
W
W
D
L
W
v ATL
v DC
@ RSL
v CHI
@ TFC
v RB
@ PHI
v NYC
@ DC
v CLB
1-2
1-1
1-1
2-1
1-3
3-0
4-1
1-1
0-5
3-0
I
O
I
O
O
I
I
I
M
I

LA GALAXY, 12-11-9, 45 points, 61 gf, 60 ga (8-4-4 home, 4-7-5 away)
2-4-4, 18 gf, 24 ga, 2-0-3 at home, 0-4-1 away
Record v. IN: LDLWD
Record v. OUT: LDDLW
LAST 10/STATUS: Their 2-4-4 overall record buries the reality that all LA’s success has come late - as if, perhaps, something has clicked for this bunch. They’ve got talent, they’ve got Zlatan, and a relatively easy schedule. They also have a harder next game than RSL (who have New England at home), so they weight could be heavy on the final weekend.
Games left: @ MIN, v HOU
L
D
D
L
D
L
L
W
W
D
@ COL
v MIN
v COL
@ SEA
v LAF
@ RSL
@ TFC
v SEA
v VAN
@ SKC
1-2
2-2
2-2
0-5
1-1
2-6
3-5
3-0
3-0
1-1
O
O
O
I
I
I
O
I
O
I

VANCOUVER, 12-12-7, 43 points, 49 gf, 60 ga (6-4-5 home, 6-8-2 away)
5-3-2, 18 gf, 19 ga, 2-2-1 at home, 3-1-1 away
Record v. IN: DWDLL
Record v. OUT: WWWW
Record v. Marginal: L
NOTES: With a game in hand, the road win over TFC drags them back over the line to marginal. Beating SKC at home - and with THAT home record (6-4-5?) - should upset the race for the West’s last spot. A good-sized “if” hangs over that game.
Games left: v SKC, @ LAF, v POR
W
D
W
D
W
W
L
L
L
W
v MIN
@ NYC
@ POR
v RB
@ SJ
v SJ
v SEA
v FCD
@ LAG
@ TFC
4-2
2-2
2-1
2-2
3-2
2-1
1-2
1-2
0-3
1-2
O
I
I
I
O
O
I
I
M
O

OUT
MINNESOTA, 11-17-3, 36 points, 46 gf, 63 ga (10-4-1 home, 1-13-2 away)
2-6-2, 13 gf, 23 ga, 2-1-0 at home, 0-5-2 away
Record v. IN: LDLLDWWL
Record v. OUT: [null set]
Record v. Marginal: LL
LAST 10/STATUS: In the Loons defense, they’ve played the toughest last 10 games of any team in MLS. I’m not 100% sure on this, but one could argue their season was lightly sabotaged. At the same time, a team has to win at…just some point. It has to make its own winning streak if you will. Minnesota has not mastered that subtle art as yet. I expect them to get four points…and their last game will be, like, the worst thing of the year.
Games left: v COL, v LA, @ COL
L
L
D
L
L
L
D
W
W
L
@ VAN
v SEA
@ LA
@ FCD
@ SKC
@ DC
@ RSL
v POR
v NYC
@ PHI
2-4
1-2
2-2
0-2
0-2
1-2
1-1
3-2
2-1
1-5
I
M
I
I
I
M
I
I
I
I

CHICAGO, 8-17-7, 31 points, 47 gf, 59 ga (6-7-3 home, 2-10-4 away)
2-6-2, 14 gf, 15 ga, 2-1-1 at home, 0-5-1 away
Record v. IN: LDLW
Record v. OUT: LW
Record v. Marginal: LLDL
LAST 10/STATUS: It never stops getting sad. I can’t imagine how this team rebuilds. I’m not sure that wouldn’t be true if I was watching it first-hand (and thank gods I’m not, no offense, Chicago fans). They won’t be the worst team in MLS this season, but I’d be shocked if they pick up even one more point.
Games left: @ ATL, v DC
L
L
L
L
D
W
D
L
W
L
@ TFC
@ RSL
v RB
@ MTL
v CLB
v ORL
@ NE
@ NYC
v LAF
@ DC
0-3
1-2
0-1
1-2
1-1
4-0
2-2
0-2
3-1
1-2
O
M
I
M
I
O
M
I
I
M

HOUSTON, 9-13-8, 35 points, 50 gf, 45 ga (8-5-3 home, 1-8-5 away)
2-6-2, 12 gf, 15 ga, 2-2-1 at home, 0-4-1 away
Record v. IN: LLLLDLLW
Record v. OUT: DW
LAST 10/STATUS: Currently playing Seattle, currently not doing well. But who expected anything else?
Games left: @ SEA, @ LAF, v SEA, @ LAG
L
L
L
L
D
L
L
W
D
W
@ POR
v SKC
@ CLB
v RSL
v FCD
@ RB
@ FCD
v POR
@ ORL
v SJ
1-2
0-1
0-1
1-2
1-1
0-1
2-4
4-1
0-0
3-2
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
O
O

TORONTO, 9-16-6, 33 points, 55 gf, 60 ga (7-7-2 home, 2-9-4 away)
3-5-2, 18 gf, 21 ga, 3-2-0 at home, 1-2-2 away
Record v. IN: DLLLL
Record v. OUT: DW
Record v. Marginal: WWL
LAST 10/STATUS: Their season finally died with this result, and thank gods for that. When you see the mistakes they made, even just this week, and their recent 3-5-2 matches their form all season - and to a truly uncanny extent. Speaking personally, I hope they lay down and die against DC and Montreal, because I want to see both those team make it.
Games left: @ DC, @ MTL, v ATL
D
L
D
W
L
L
W
L
W
L
@ ATL
v NYC
@ SJ
v MTL
@ POR
v LAF
v LA
@ RB
v NE
v VAN
2-2
2-3
1-1
3-1
0-2
2-4
5-3
0-2
4-1
1-2
I
I
O
M
I
I
M
I
O
M

NEW ENGLAND, 8-12-11, 35 points, 45 gf, 51ga (6-4-5 home, 2-8-6 away)
1-5-4, 11 gf, 20 ga, 0-1-2 at home, 1-4-2 away
Record v. IN: LLDWDL
Record v. OUT: DLDL
LAST 10/STATUS: They’re chasing too many teams to matter (both Montreal and DC) and from too many points behind. They can do some damage to Montreal, certainly, and that’s their ceiling I’m guessing.
Games left: v ORL, @ RSL, v MTL
D
L
L
L
D
W
D
D
L
L
@ ORL
v PHI
@ DC
@ PHI
v POR
@ NYC
@ LAF
v CHI
@ TFC
@ ATL
3-3
2-3
0-2
0-1
1-1
0-1
1-1
2-2
1-4
1-2
O
I
O
I
I
I
I
O
O
I

COLORADO, 6-19-6, 24 points, 32 gf, 62 ga (5-8-3 home, 1-11-3 away)
2-7-1, 7 gf, 28 ga, 2-3-0 at home, 0-4-1 away
Record v. IN: WDLLLLLLL
Record v. OUT: W
LAST 10/STATUS: Please, gods, someone find a towel and throw it in. Like a car driving over roadkill over and over and over and over and over….
Games left: @ MIN, @ SJ, v FCD
W
W
D
L
L
L
L
L
L
L
v LAG
v SJ
@ LAG
@ LAF
v RSL
@ POR
v ATL
@ CLB
@ SEA
@ LAF
2-1
2-1
2-2
0-2
0-6
0-2
0-3
1-2
0-4
0-3
I
O
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I

ORLANDO, 7-19-4, 25 points, 40 gf, 68 ga (5-6-4 home, 2-13-0 away)
0-7-3, 11 gf, 23 ga, 0-2-3 at home, 0-5-0 away
Record v. IN: LLLDLL
Record v. OUT: LLD
Record v. Marginal: D
LAST 10/STATUS: These are the cruelest games in hand I have ever seen, a bully’s hand pressed firmly against your head and saying, “what are you gonna do about it?” over and over until you die. Worse, they should lose all these games.
Games left: @ NE, v SEA, v CLB, @ NY
L
L
D
L
L
D
L
L
D
L
v NYC
@ LAG
v NE
@ DC
v ORL
v PHI
@ SKC
@ CHI
v HOU
@ FCD
0-2
3-4
3-3
2-3
1-2
2-2
0-1
0-4
0-0
0-2
I
I
M
O
I
I
I
O
O
i

SAN JOSE, 4-20-8, 20 points, aka, fucked and stuck, 48 gf, 69 ga (2-9-5 home, 2-11-3 away)
1-8-1, 18 gf, 27 ga, 1-4-1 at home, 0-4-0 away
Record v. IN: LWLLLLL
Record v. OUT: LDL
Record v. Marginal: [null set]
LAST 10/STATUS: To rant a little, Chris Wondolowski deserves better. He’s one of the best stories in MLS history, an every-man that could become a movie…with a lot of work. (I like life, but I like art better.) All the same, this is tragic.
Games left: v COL, @ SEA
L
D
L
W
L
L
L
L
L
L
@ COL
v TFC
v VAN
v FCD
@ VAN
v SKC
v ATL
@ LAF
@ HOU
v RB
1-2
1-1
2-3
4-3
1-2
1-5
3-4
0-2
2-3
1-3
O
O
I
I
I
I
I
I
O
I

That’s it. You can pull off the nipple clamps now. And that’s this post’s official sign-off going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment